Untrespassed Sanctity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untrespassed Sanctity

All Waits, Undream'd Of

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character sheet for Jamie Pearce

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jamie

Jamie

Character sheet for Jamie Pearce Empty
PostSubject: Character sheet for Jamie Pearce   Character sheet for Jamie Pearce I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:19 am

Type II (Explorer)

Physical Attributes:
Strength 3
Dexterity 3
Stamina 2

Social Attributes:
Charisma 3
Manipulation 2
Appearance 2

Mental Attributes:
Perception 3
Intelligence 3
Wits 3

Talents:
Alertness 2
Athletics 1
Awareness 1
Brawl 1
Intuition 1
Streetwise 1

Skills:
Drive 2
Firearms 2
Meditation 1
Melee 2
Performance 2
Stealth 1
Survival 1

Knowledges:
Academics 1
Computer 1
Science 1
Technology 3

Backgrounds
Arsenal 1
Fast Reflexes 2
Passion 1
Resources 2

Advantages
Willpower 5

Personality Flaws
  • internalize frustrations
  • keep people at a distance
  • rarely feel comfortable in own skin
  • trouble letting go

How old are you?
27 years old (08 February 1985) but I look and feel about 10 years older; roughly act my age.

What is your family life like?
I was orphaned at a young age. My parents were, from what I recall, relatively normal. My father was the manager of the local ice stadium and my mother worked part-time in a sporting equipment store. I have no genuine siblings. My parents were murdered one night by a man who had recently been fired from the stadium for drunkenness and damages caused by recklessness. He had driven the Zamboni and performed other maintenance chores and one drunken evening rammed the machine into the stands. About two weeks later, in another drunken state, he killed my parents as they exited the equipment shop. My mother’s sister took me in. Her husband had committed suicide a few years’ earlier, leaving her with three girls and a boy to care for. She was a dentist so it was not a hand to mouth existence, so to speak, but my cousins resented the fact I was brought in, taking up space and resources they thought rightfully theirs, so I was subjected to abuse whenever Aunt Jean wasn’t around. I grew to hate them and was happy to hear that cousin Peggy developed a serious alcohol problem. I have few fond memories of childhood after the "event", but I send my aunt Christmas and mother’s day cards when I remember to. I have not spoken to or heard from the cousins in years and would rather not be reminded of their existences.

Where are you from?
Anchorage Alaska, American, middle-class.

What do you believe?
Up until age sixteen I would have said that I believe nothing particular. My aunt and cousins are religious after a fashion in that they attend church every Sunday (good Catholics that they are) and I was dragged along with them (to be shown off as the charity project – oh how my cousins – the four horsemen – loved me when we were in the house of God!) I was, even then, leaning heavily in the direction of agnosticism, maybe even atheism, when the second "event" happened. While my aunt and cousins paid their respects to my late uncle Charles (as they did every Sunday after services), I wondered about the cemetery looking at all the statues and reading inscriptions. It all grew kind of dark and stormy all of a sudden and the statue of some vague angelic form sprung to life. He/she/it turned its head down and looked at me with great sadness and tears, telling me in a deep stentorian voice which was at the same time light and melodious that I was to ... do something. You see, I was scared and cowering on the ground, afraid to look, afraid to avert my eyes. The statue repeated the warning/task/advice/prophecy/millennial prognostication, whatever it was, a couple times, but I never quite managed to get it. The priest found me wondering around, dust covered, about two hours’ later, my aunt and cousins (officially) concerned at my whereabouts. Did I tell them? No. Why not? Bite me, that’s why not! I revisited the statue a few times in the weeks and months to come, but my angel never returned and I put it in the back of my mind. In any case, as for politics, Alaska doesn’t have that, we have rich ambitious idiots who’s major ambitions are to leave Alaska pretending that they aren’t trying to leave. I am probably am no better; first chance I got, I was gone too.

What do you do?
Aunt Jean put me through a private school (except for the fact of the four horsemen also went there it was nice – the last year especially when they were all gone) and I was an excellent student (with no particular special subject interest). This largely carried on into high school, although the horsemen ignored me by that point, having other concerns – boys, cheerleading, ice-hockey, and girls in the case of cousin Ned. Ned and I did find a common interest in auto mechanics (I took that and general engineering as electives). Indeed, this led to the only nice thing Ned ever did for me; getting me laid on my seventeenth birthday. After that I became obsessed with sex for a couple months, but teens in Alaska do sex because there’s not much else to do outside of skating and related winter sports (which, for perhaps obvious reasons, I did not particularly care for), and I returned to engineering and cars before too long. I kind of/sort of had girlfriends, of course, but these things never lasted. So, good marks but little real ambition beyond escaping, I drifted out of high school and into college. I dabbled in everything from art to zoology but nothing real stuck with me except mechanical engineering. My friend Ken Marley suggested acting (didn’t like it), forming a band (passable guitarist but meh), sports (really?), the army (which he did in fact join after college), and others suggested any number of ideas, but I drifted out with a BSc and a motorcycle I bought with earnings from a part time job at a used car lot (I worked in the repairs shop).

How do you deal with life's problems?
I laugh in the face of them, then go hide somewhere until they are gone.

When did you first experience a brush with death?
I had finally (2007) saved enough from my work to shake of the snow from Anchorage and head south. I left Ken with an e-mail account I would check from time-to-time, kissed my Aunt goodbye, gave cousin Maureen the finger as I drove down the driveway and turned south and revved the engine. My saddlebags were full with socks, underwear, a copy of Zen and the art, a change of clothes, my degree and mechanics license are in a waterproof container, and some cash. I have a picture of my parents from happier times in my wallet. Just outside of Kelowna, British Columbia, where they say a lake monster lives, I skidded down the side of a mountain road, having hit a patch of black ice. As I was rolling down the side of the mountain desperately hanging on to my only major possession, my life flashed in front of my eyes, a life of missed opportunities if we are being honest. I saw my angel again (whom I had almost managed to forget) and again, could not get the message. In any case, I woke up a few days later in this hospital bed, a nurse checking the drips. There had been a little fear of concussion, but except for bruising and a few scraps and scratches, I was relatively unscathed. My motorcycle was with the police, who wanted to discuss the accident with me. I was told how lucky I was. About a year later I left town, having been working in the police car pound, fixing their vehicles up, maintaining and earning money as a civilian associate. This was legally dodgy really, but Canadians are pretty relaxed people.

What is your greatest love?
Freedom; and having sacrificed family, friends and potential love interests I have little left to sacrifice. That is the greatest freedom there is really.

What is your greatest regret?
That I was not old enough to really understand my parents and, if I could change that situation, I would. Their voices are fading away. I suppose, in second place, is the angelic message (whatever it might have been?)

What is your greatest hate?
The four horsemen, because bite me, that’s why.

What is your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is one day having to return to Anchorage, dependent on one of the horsemen.

What is your self-image?
If Robert Persig was a 20 something drifter, that would be my self-image, maybe a latter-day Jack Kerouac. I am easy-going, smart and self-sufficient. I get bogged down in details, it bothers me that I can’t forgive the horsemen for being the shits they are, and I’m kind of reserved around people (not easy to get to know).

What actor would play your character if this were a movie?
A younger Jeff Bridges (JEFF not BEAU!!)
Back to top Go down

Character sheet for Jamie Pearce
Page 1 of 1