Untrespassed Sanctity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untrespassed Sanctity

All Waits, Undream'd Of

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group Character Creation

Go down 
+3
Chris
Sydney Smith
Storyteller
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin

Group Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on Roles, Personality Types or Natures they want to play?
Back to top Go down
https://sanctity.forumotion.net
Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm not really sure about Role, but for Concept I'm thinking of an ex-military (now private sector) test pilot; Type III personality, most likely Critic or Perfectionist.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:54 pm

"Role" is Concept, just by another name.

We still have only two registrants so far -- does anyone have suggestions for people to invite?
Back to top Go down
Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:03 pm

I'll try to prod Gillian into making an account. She said the game concept sounded interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I hope you all don't mind, I sent the link out to an online friend I think would enjoy the concept of this game. He's got a good grasp on WOD and is a great role-player in my opinion. I've been playing his VTM game and its the best I've played online.

On my end, I'm considering playing a photographer with either the architect nature, personality type 6 or a dabbler nature personality type 2.
Back to top Go down
Montgomery Blightheart

Montgomery Blightheart

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Hey there Smile

Neat description about your game, Aya really made it sound very appealing. I'm glad if I can join.

I'm interesting in playing a technophobe eldery person, his name is Montgomery Blightheart, he's a 60 years old man, widow and bitter. The main aspect of this character would be his anachronic style, the lack of techonology skills and being amazingly stubborn to keep it that way.

I'm thinking about Director or Autocrat archetype as nature due to his 'my way or the high way attitude' and as demeanor would be Loner almost certainly. I'd like him to be an history teacher from the old school, writter of many books about weapons and warcraft techiniques in history.

Other than that just an average guy, retired, living on a pension from his retirement plan plus some extras from here and there. He has two sons, both have their own lifes, now so Monty lives alone in his old two flat house in the suburbs.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Sounds great! Welcome! Very Happy

So, far, then: 3, 4, and 2/6. We can round things out with a comedian, an empath, and a situationalist (not that it's a bad thing to have more than one of the same personality type, but I'm a sucker for group diversity). I've invited a few other people but have yet to hear back from them, so I assume we'll move on without.

Does anybody know of a couple more folks we can bring in?
Back to top Go down
DrPurloknitz

DrPurloknitz

PostSubject: decisions   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 am

I have a vague character concept in mind. Once I answer the questions I'll have a better idea of what sort of archetype it'll be specifically, but probably I'm thinking troubled youth running away from her small-town roots, maybe a social chameleon. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 am

So, are you doing private forums for each player? Should our questionnaire answers be posted publicly? Should character sheets be public?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:19 am

Since it'll mostly be PCs against external threats, I'm going to keep it all out in the open. This way, too, anyone designing characters can get a look at what may help complement the group.

When you're ready, go ahead and start a thread for your character on the OOC board so we can discuss and fine-tune.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:56 pm

What's the time period?
Back to top Go down
Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Storyteller wrote:
When you're ready, go ahead and start a thread for your character on the OOC board so we can discuss and fine-tune.

Start a thread here in the OOC board or in the Character Sheet board?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Ayailla wrote:
What's the time period?

Modern day, 2012.

TheGratefulNed wrote:
Start a thread here in the OOC board or in the Character Sheet board?

OOC, please -- they'll be reposted on the Character Sheet board once everything's finalized and we're ready to begin.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:54 pm

I've definitely settled on dabbler type 2. Architect no longer fits the concept I have stirring around. It is based on real life. A story about a group of kids in my church that happened just before Thanksgiving. There was a boyfriend and girlfriend and another guy who is both their best friend. I'm thinking about playing the boyfriend. The three of them ran away. The best friend is 19, the other two were 17 and 16 still in high school. They picked up and left for two or three weeks reportedly from stresses at home. Their parents were all single moms, the friends mother reported the car stolen.

When they came back they all got in trouble with their parents. It was like a domino effect. Everyone was fighting everyone. Mother's were mad at the kids and mad at each other, the young couple were both extremely frustrated. The claim is that the girl left her mother's house frustrated in the middle of the night and threw herself into traffic to commit suicide and she succeeded Crying or Very sad. The boyfriend took a bunch of pills after watching her do that. He got rushed to the hospital but lived. The other boy packed all of his things and ran away again.

The boyfriend is an only child of a single mom. I've given him the dabbler as a nature as an effect of the trauma. He will continue to try new things in an effort to dull and distract him from his pain. So he will be coming into this nature with photography being the first passion. He is using the camera as a shield, hiding behind it and experiencing life in moments.

I'll start my thread in a bit but wanted to post the small summary here.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Sounds great! Characters will all need to be of the age of majority, so if we can pick up his story a year or three after the incident, that will definitely work.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 pm

A year or three, great span! I can definitely do that.
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 am

Hi, I am thinking type II loner.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm

I will gladly turn my character into a female if testosterone balance is needed. Razz
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 am

That dude would make one ugly woman. It might be nice to have a little more gender balance, but I'm not overly attached to the idea. Do as you like. Smile

How's everybody coming along?
Back to top Go down
Montgomery Blightheart

Montgomery Blightheart

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:27 am

Besides my character is andropausic already, he doesnt has a lot of that now
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Jamie is good to go -- anybody else have progress on backgrounds or sheets?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:01 pm

A quick note on backgrounds, since some are unique to this setting:

Allies: People who will help you out when you need it. Higher ratings indicate more numerous and more powerful friends.

Arsenal: Your collection of firearms. Low levels provide a small collection of handguns and rifles; higher levels can afford you exotic or illegal weapons.

Contacts: At low levels, a few acquaintances who are in the know and will clue you in. At high levels, a connection to people who know people (who know people, who know people): it's hard to keep you in the dark on any subject, given enough time and phone calls.

Detective License: Your credentials and how far they'll carry you. At a high level, you've got a record of success and are on speed dial for a number of police departments.

Fame: Your name and/or face are well-known. (Limited to a rating of 3 at character creation -- roughly the recognition of a bestselling author or state-level politician.)

Fast Reflexes: How quickly you respond to the unexpected. Adds 1-for-1 to initiative and Wits rolls to avoid being caught off-guard.

Influence: Your ability to manipulate an organization or aspect of society (gangs, local government, police, etc.). Higher ratings can expand your range of influence (from local to state to national, for instance), or provide additional control over your field.

Library: Sources of information at your disposal. Where Contacts will keep you up to speed on current events, a Library will allow you a quick source of information on records, history, and all things academic, scientific, or occult.

Mentor: Someone with a personal interest in your success. Higher ratings indicate more one-on-one attention and/or more resources at the Mentor's disposal.

Passion: Your lust for life. High ratings indicate someone with a relentless positive attitude or ruthless determination.

Resources: The money and possessions at your immediate disposal. No rating at all is a paycheck-to-paycheck life with no creature comforts; three dots (maximum rating to start) is enough to be the breadwinner for a middle-class, relatively debt-free family.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:41 am

I've settled on Critic nature, very recently ex-military son of a British RAF Officer and a former US diplomatic attache. Currently in his early 40s, served 22 years in the USAF, rising to the rank of Major before retiring. Has flown combat, bombing and support missions starting in '91 with Desert Storm until slightly after the bombing of Bosnia in '95 that helped to end the Bosnian War. Accepted into USAF Test Pilot School and spent the next 12 years testing new, modified and experimental aircraft. For the last ~6 years before retiring he provided advanced flight and aerial strategy training to newer pilots. In the roughly one and a half years since his retirement from the military he has done occasional test pilot and advisory work in the private sector for Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin.

I have the questionnaire mostly finished and some definite thoughts on how the character sheet will probably look when finished. I'm glad you posted that bit about the backgrounds, I was going to ask about Arsenal and Fast Reflexes.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Thinking on a new concept to help balance the group. Since there is already another type 2 male that is finished. I am now considering a type 1 female social worker. Haven't settled on the exact nature yet, either caregiver, martyr or defender after I think up more of the background.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Sounds good, everybody. Anything I can do, any ideas you want to bounce around, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Character Creation   Group Character Creation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Character Creation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next