Untrespassed Sanctity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untrespassed Sanctity

All Waits, Undream'd Of

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prelude: Jamie Pearce

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jamie

Jamie

Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:01 am

Jamie tries again, listening carefully to the sound the engine makes. In his mind's eye, he traces throuhh the connections, down the electrical systems, the fuel delivery, spark plugs, wires, tubes an clamps that make up engines. Why is it making that particular sound and where must the fault lie? He tries again, listens, traces the route, kickstand, gets off the bike and investigates.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:25 am

It wasn't a problem with the engine assembly itself. Probably something electrical.

After noticing that Jamie's bike wasn't going anywhere, Kate doubled back. She took her phone from her pocket and began rooting through her messenger bag. "Here," she said mostly to herself, taking out a USB cord and connecting it to her phone. "Hook me up to the diagnostic port. I can make a call. Save you a half hour."
Back to top Go down
https://sanctity.forumotion.net
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 am

Jamie takes off his helmet, mostly to hide the scowl of this refreshed, unrequested human intimacy. He sighs, smiles, looks up and does as requested. "Thank you, again."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 am

"Don't mention it." Kate selected a number out of her phone's contact list.

A man with a mild American southern accent picked up on the other line. The connection crackled at first before clearing up. "Hello, Kate."

"Hey, Hoyt. I've got you plugged into a bike. Can you run a quick diagnostic?"

"Of course I can. ...I'll be done by the time you can say the solenoid's not getting power."

"Thanks."

"No, Kate, that's it, the solenoid's not getting power. Cable might've shook loose."

"Oh. Quick repair?"

"If that's all it is, yes ma'am. I can talk you through the repair, or give you a jump, if you'd like."

Kate glanced at Jamie and waited for his answer.
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:58 am

"I can deal with it, I have tools in the other bag."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 pm

"We're good, Hoyt. Thanks again."

"Good luck."

Kate hung up her phone and retrieved her cable. "Chicago doesn't see many Alaskan biker mechanic renegades. Think about livening up the town some time." Without another word, she turned to go on her way.

(I'm at work for the next ten hours. Should be on and posting again tonight.)
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:23 pm

"Sure thing Kate, sure thing." Jamie takes the tools out of the bag and prepares to dismantle the electronics shield, find the connection and re-attach it, and then get the hell out of Dodge.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:50 pm

The repair was as quick as the man on the phone promised. Once the starter solenoid was reconnected, Jamie was back on the road.

Evening found him at a motor inn, in the cheapest room he could find -- little more than a bed, a nightstand, and a bathroom.

(Click here for the letter enclosed in the envelope.)
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Jamie rips into the envelop with a what the hell attitude, but ends up laughing. "Really, and a travelling mechanic is required?" He takes the sheet and goes to find a phone.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:37 pm

(Assuming the call is for Orpheus; let me know if you've got other plans.)

The phone rang twice before someone answered. "Good evening, and thank you for calling Orpheus," said a young woman with a pleasant tone on the other end of the line. "My name is Amy, how may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:05 am

Jamie sighs, "yes, Amy, hello. My name is Jamie Pearce, and I was approached earlier in the day by one of your agents. I've been reading the material through and was wondering if someone there can answer a few questions."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 am

"Certainly, Mr. Pearce; I can help you with that," she replied, tapping softly at a keyboard in the background. "What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:43 am

"Maybe you could explain why an auto-mechanic is being recruited? There's no mention in these sheets of a motor pool."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 am

"I'll see what I can find in your file, Mr. Pearce," Amy said before falling silent for a short time.

"Here we are. It looks like Kate Dennison delivered your letter... it says here that the company is interesting in evaluating you as an Investigative Consultant. No mention of why, but our ICs are... people with unique talents and experiences. It's not a position the company recruits for without careful consideration and investigation."
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:03 am

"Okay, yeah, but some mistake has been made. I don't have any unique talents and my experiences have been almost always bad ones. It doesn't make any sense."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 am

"Investigative Consultants have always survived at least one major life-threatening experience," Amy began to explain. "It's not my department, I'm afraid that's all I know, but I'd be happy to pass your information to someone who could contact you soon with more information.

"It does look like the company has held a spot for you in our spring evaluation, April 4th through 11th, in case you're interested. Orpheus flies prospects to our Chicago office for a briefing, then to Utah for evaluation, covers all expenses, and pays a sum of ten thousand dollars."
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:45 am

"Yes, Kate told me all that, but if it sounds too good to be true it generally is, yeah? Okay, I'm calling from a public phone box at the moment, but my cell number is [...] I rarely use it, but I'll be waiting for this other person. Thanks, ummm, Amy was it?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 am

"Yes, Mr. Pearce, and thank you for calling. Is there anything else I can do for you this evening?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:56 am

"No, thanks, you've been aces. Bye."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:07 am

March 7, 2012

Jamie was awake, cleaned up, checked out and ready to take to the road the following morning when his cell rang.

"Jamie," said a familiar voice -- Kate. "I got a call from corporate, they said you had some questions. What's on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm

"Okay, hello again. I still think this is a mistake on your part Kate, but I'm driving out to Chicago to check it out."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:20 pm

"I'll be sure to remember your confidence in me when you work for me." Kate's smirk was audible. "I'd still put money on you, Jamie. Orpheus has an eye for survivors -- people who come out of accidents, poor health, disasters, that kind of thing. We have the wherewithal to keep going. There's more to it than that, but it wouldn't be fair of me to spoil the briefing.

"I'll see you in Chicago, Jamie. Drive safe."
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:28 am

"Well sure. If I don't make it, it's only because the Illuminati made me their grand poubah." Jamie laughs and hangs up. He looks at his watch for the date, deciding to hit a few sights before heading toward Illinois.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Jamie Pearce   Prelude: Jamie Pearce - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prelude: Jamie Pearce
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2