Untrespassed Sanctity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untrespassed Sanctity

All Waits, Undream'd Of

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Orientation

Go down 
+3
Aidan McCarron
Jamie
Storyteller
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin

Orientation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:59 pm

"Not necessarily," John replied after finishing off his meal. "It depends on how well everyone works together in the evaluation. We try to fill a team as many different personality types as we can, to provide the best breadth of experience and perspective. A philosophy professor thinks of solutions a soldier doesn't, and vice versa."
Back to top Go down
https://sanctity.forumotion.net
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Chris couldn't help thinking about how to help this situation. She wasn't wetting her pants with excitement, she was eager to help people that's all she's ever done. She looked to John with a determined nod and then turned to Jaime.

"No hard feelings here Jamie. You've equated my willingness to help others with a teenage wet dream. It's quite the compliment actually. I think that this corporations interests are sound. They want to help lost souls find or accomplish what they need to move on."

Her lips depressed into thin lines before she spoke again.

"I don't like seeing people distressed, my every day work is about helping those misplaced or at the wrong end of fate and I think they deserve the same treatment whether they are living or deceased. If that makes me a princess in your eyes, wonderful. I will continue to help and protect those that need it. Fear has no hold over me though, I've lived through your childhood nightmares."
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Jamie looks to the stars 'teenage wet dream?'. "O ... kay Peggie Sue. I think you're wasting your time molly-cuddling a bunch of whingers who wont take responsibility for their own lives, but if that helps you sleep, fine. Just don't compare your sad-sacks with me."
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Chris sighed, she had begun to place Jamie into her succinctly categorized traits of abuse and ills that would have plagued his life. She piped up her tone a bit and was surely more stern when she spoke.

"We don't have to agree on our views about this company but I respect your right to your opinions as I expect for you to do the same of mine. Name calling is an immature way of handling a stressful situation. And instead of us having an articulate and logical argument you are resorting to child like tactics. My name is Christa Howard. You may call me Chris as I have introduced myself."
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:10 pm

"Right. Not under any stress here, just calling it like I see it. Like the implied criticism though, nice one. I'm sure Casper will be really impressed when he comes at you with a chainsaw."
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Chris let out a small huff of air, he was stubborn and insistent.

"It is more likely that in the field I'll be making sure you are aware of the PLE coming at us with the chainsaw because you will be too busy spatting off in disbelief about how this is all a crock. I can take care of myself and my charges very well."

She turned to Karamia with raised brow.

"There are ways to be inquisitive and skeptical without infringing on other people's character. She's doing a great job at it."

Chris' voice was clipped verging on annoyance that she was obviously trying to reign back in.

"For the sake of education and all of our ignorance in this matter can't you at least..."

She didn't want to resort to his tactics but the word asshole was ringing in her head.

"Let's just try to get through this cordially shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Jamie smiled and returned to his salad portion. "I'm trying. But I did say they had the wrong guy, didn't I?"
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Karamia looked back & forth between Chris & Jamie.
"Cum on guys 'tis only our first day. We barely nu anythin' yet. We're al' in dis together, & perhaps
we're gonna be a team. Maybe instead ov debatin' over wot dis is & isn't. We shud be
gettin' ter nu each other a wee bit. i'll start. Me name is Karamia O'Brien. Oi'm 29 & oi 'av a twin sister. oi'm from Dingle Oirlan'. oi tuk over me family boozer after....." She trailed off unsure of.she should finish that sentence.
"How bout ye?"
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Chris nodded to Jamie's admission and again at Karamia's insistence even though it took a while for her to understand the girl. She noted her omission but picked up the conversation.

"I'm a social worker in Baltimore, Maryland born and raised there. I'm 33 years old. I was married though we didn't have children and I've been divorced for three years now. I was shot when I was 25, I guess that's the reason I am here, because I nearly died. Thankfully I had been perceptive enough to alert the authorities but I was shot through the screen door of the house. I have some family, my grand parents and my sister but otherwise, its just myself and my passionate work."

Chris spoke about her life in a very processed and straightforward manner.
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:15 pm

"Didn't we do this already? Jamie Pearce, 27, mechanic, generally annoying asshole."
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:15 pm

" 'oy boyt ye Jamie? Wot's yisser story?" Karamia asked hoping to learn something about the man.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Chris nodded along with Jamie's self assessment.

"I think she's probing for the man behind the ass."

Chris giggled.
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 pm

"Stick to the ass Dublin, it's my only good feature."
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:43 pm

"Noted. an' i'll be sure ter check oyt de arse & decide for meself. oi jist thought spendin' al' dis
time together we shud al' becum better aquainted."
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Jamie stands up and turns around, wiggles his butt, sits back down. "I sometimes talk through it too."
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:05 pm

Karamia couldn't help but laugh. "Oi 'av ter agree
that's a deadly arse yer got dare. Everyone talks oyt their arse at sum point. So wha ye from?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie

Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Jamie quietly chuckles, "Ancorage."
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:30 pm

"Clap dat wasn't so 'ard." She said smiling at Jamie, & getting up from the table in search of a restroom.
Back to top Go down
Aidan McCarron

Aidan McCarron

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 am

Aidan slowed his pace with his meal, careful to stay occupied with his food rather than interject and possibly make anything more tense... though his eyes betrayed his amusement when Chris called Jamie an ass.

"Well, I sees we all have more lip than a coal bucket. Oughter have this discussion again after a few beers, see where it takes yeh."
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:22 am

Karamia returned just in time for Aiden's comment. She flashed him a smile, & said,
"Aye, but oi'm not sure if a pint wud make it better or worse. but oi sure wuld love a guiness
roi nigh. tink they'll 'av us on lockdown the-nite? maybe we cud fend de local & wet me gob a
bit."
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Chris nodded in firm agreement.

"I'd love a couple of beers, so are we able to explore Chicago a little bit John?
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 pm

"Aye oi wud love ter see a wee bit av Chicago. 'Tis al' so different from Dingle."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 pm

"Well, I know tomorrow's flight will be early, but we should be wrapped up here in about an hour, so that should leave you some time if you're not too attached to a good night's sleep," John answered. "Just make sure you observe the NDA -- you can't exactly discuss this stuff in public, no matter how drunk your listeners might be."
Back to top Go down
Karamia O'Brien

Karamia O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 pm

"Wha are we flyin'ter?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 pm

"That would be telling." John smiled and stood up, taking his tray with him. "I've got to go see what's prepared for your briefing; you'll all find out soon, I promise." With that, he excused himself from the dining room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orientation   Orientation - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orientation
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Untrespassed Sanctity :: DON'T LOOK BACK :: Archive-
Jump to: