Untrespassed Sanctity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untrespassed Sanctity

All Waits, Undream'd Of

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prelude: Christa Howard

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris

Chris

Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Her eyes nearly shot out of her head she was so surprised by that offer. This was one of those moments in a sitcom where the co-star's drink splattered from her mouth in a shocking and hilarious spray coating everything in the car, the main star, the food everything. Thankfully this wasn't a sitcom but surely her bulging eyes and gaping mouth would have made for some awesome comedy. By sheer force of will she managed to corral her disbelief.

"That is awfully generous... how long does this evaluation process normally take? And is there anything in particular I need to be prepared for?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:35 pm

"The spring Investigative Consultant Evaluation is scheduled from April 4th through April 11th. The briefing and post-evaluation are in Chicago, but the evaluation itself is off-site. We take our talent acquisition very seriously here at Orpheus."
Back to top Go down
https://sanctity.forumotion.net
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 pm

"So I go to a briefing, then an evaluation and finally a post evaluation, this process likely being over a week. Are the briefings individual. Could I schedule it for a weekend perhaps? I'd like to minimize the time I am away from my current position if this doesn't go through."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 pm

"One moment, Ms. Howard: I'm going to put you through to our Human Resources Coordinator. He should have more of the details you're looking for. Please hold."

The hold music was something with an eastern sound to it. It wasn't long before someone else picked up the line.

"Ms. Howard -- Robert Ciavarelli. To answer your questions: the evaluation process is Wednesday to Wednesday, in a group." He spoke quickly, with an east coast accent. "Currently, there are seven confirmed participants, and we conduct only two team evaluations a year. I understand your reluctance, but I urge you to consider it. Salary and benefits aside, it's a unique line of work -- not everyone is cut out for it -- and someone of your talent and experience could do a lot of good here.

"What other questions are on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Chris rubbed her temple, her head was starting to ache from the thoughts about this process that were charging through her mind.

"Thank you for taking my call Mr. Ciavarelli, when you say here, I assume you mean I will need to relocate to Chicago? Would it be possible to bring my sister and nephew to live with me if I am chosen and need to move?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 am

"Most of those details vary based on placement in the company, but those are concessions we've made for a few other investigative consultants in the past.

"But by 'here', I meant at Orpheus. Lots of people can get involved in social work -- and that's not to disrespect your profession," he was quick to add. "But very few people have the unique talents required to do what we do. There's a certain closure to this line of work that social work lacks."
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:08 pm

His last line resignated well with her. It made her think about her job a few years ago when she worked in a nursing home and watched her clients die, wondering if they were better off now or not. And then there are cases like Joshua's where her unease had concerned her. Now the consequences of this young boy faced her with a life altering phone call. She still had a healthy bit of skepticism, but rationally thinking $10,000 could last her a few months while she looked for a new job. With that thought in mind she spoke,

"Well, you can count me as confirmed Mr. Ciavarelli. Thank you again for your time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prelude: Christa Howard   Prelude: Christa Howard - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prelude: Christa Howard
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2